Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bold Organics Pizza - A Review

I love pizza. So much so that it is really the main obstacle in my becoming fully Vegan.
Non dairy cheese has come a long way, so true, but at least the varieties that one can find here just fall a bit short.
When I spotted the Vegan Bold Organic pies at the local health food store, I knew that it would be an expensive "experiment" ($7.99 on sale) but one I had to participate in all the same. A vegan, organic AND gluten free pizza? How could any one resist, right?
First impression, this pizza is small. I baked it according the the directions, and even left it under the broiler for a few minutes. Out of the oven it looked very pleasing, with that oh so charred cheese film.
With great excitement, I took the first bite.
It was okay, but far from great. Rather doughy, a very pronounced and somewhat overpowering tomato sauce, and not enough cheese to marry those two into an harmonious bless.
Would I buy it again? Probably not. It is however a giant step in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Tofurkey pizzas? The plain Tofurkey is good and cheesy (the other 2 flavors are too salty for my tastes).

    http://www.tofurky.com/tofurkyproducts/pizza.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yep, I have indeed tried two of them, and they were really good.
      However, as I recall, they are not organic?

      Delete